Build your Dream Home with Artesa Homes
"More is More"
...when it comes to finishing touches, but more importantly when it comes to the construction of your home. The builder takes extra steps to ensure that your home is quality built. Bill, the owner, is on the job every day working with his crew to build your home efficiently.
Step by Step Process
- First of all, you should establish a relationship with a realtor that you know and trust. Next, select the floor plan and home site that suits you, your lifestyle and finances.
- If you can't decide on a floor plan that suites you, we can have our architect design a plan for you. A $200.00 deposit is required for this process.
- Obtain a pre-approval letter from your preferred lender and decide where your comfort level is for a monthly mortgage. This will determine what price range you should build in.
- A non-refundable deposit of $12,000 is required to begin the building process. We require that your home be listed by a full service real estate broker. If you do not have a home to sell a $5,000 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of the accepted offer.
- A Plans and Specs Meeting will be conducted (which is a meeting with the builder, yourself and your realtor.) A copy of the covenants for the development will be provided to you at this time. Any overages that occur after the planning meeting are due payable when the product is ordered. An addendum will be written so all parties are in agreement. The check for the overage will be made payable to Artesa,LLC.
- The Finishing Touches selections will begin prior to the framing stage. You will meet with Michele, who will assist with cabinets, granite, hardwood floor, ceramic tile, stone, vinyl and/or paint color.
- Construction Begins - It is suggested that you schedule an appointment to visit your new home during the construction process with your realtor after working hours. The first opportunity to tour your home will be when you have scheduled your electrical walk-thru with the builder.
- Planning Stage (30 - 60 Days): Lot Selection - Architectural Design/Planning - Engineering Approval - Permit - Scheduling
- Site Work (5 - 7 Days): Lot Staked - Excavation - Dirt Work
- Foundation (15 - 20 Days): Footings & Foundation Poured - Waterproofing - Backfill - Rough Plumbing in Basement - Garage Floors Poured
- Framing (25 - 30 Days): Exterior & Interior Walls Framed - Exterior Siding & Masonry Walls Installed - Framing Inspection - Roof Shingled
- Mechanical (10 - 15 Days): HVAC - Audio - Plumbing - Electrical - Customer Inspection Prior to Drywall
- Pre-Finish (15 - 20 Days): Insulation - Drywall Finish
- Finish (30 - 40 Days): Cabinets Installed - Trim - Hardwood & Tile Flooring - Paint
- Final Finish (15 - 25 Days): Plumbing - Light Fixtures - HVAC & Audio - Wall Coverings - Appliances - Carpet - Cleaning
- Completion (5 - 10 Days): Yard Final Grading - Irrigation & Landscaping Installed - Final Inspection - Closing
- 30 Day Customer Service Checkpoint: Repairs - Adjustments
- 1 Year Customer Service Checkpoint: Minor Touchups - Repairs - Adjustments
This is an anticipated time frame and could vary depending on weather/working conditions.
- Change orders are something that we are willing to work with our homeowners on. Simply know that, if you change your mind that these changes can cost you time and money in fees.
- Orientation/ Final Walk-thru - After local building inspectors conduct their final inspection and the builder has conducted his own thorough Quality Inspection (our way to ensure that each home we build meets the highest quality standards). You will have the opportunity to walk thru your new home with the builder 3-5 days prior to closing. He will demonstrate the features of your new home and answer any question that may remain.
- The closing date is confirmed with your lender. Documents are signed and we turn the keys over to YOU! CONGRATULATIONS!! You are the owner of an Artesa Home!
- A One Year Builders Warranty - At 30 days, after you have had time to settle in, we will request a list to be provided to Artesa Homes for proper execution. Then again, at 11 months, we will review any other home maintenance items or concerns.
Thank you for trusting Artesa Homes to build your dream home. The ultimate compliment is a referral from you!